The Complete Player Academy
July 27th - July 31st
Ages 13 - 17 | 7:00am - 5:00pm
5 Days | 50 Total Hours of Building the Complete Player
ONLY 20 Players Selected
Submit Application Below
(Payment Options Discussed if Player is Accepted)
Training Like A Pro
Coach Mike Shaughnessy continues to rise as one of the best young basketball skill coaches in the United States. At 29, Mike has been a men's assistant coach at two college programs, Kean University and most recently, Stockton University. Along with coaching at the collegiate level, Mike has also coached at the high school and youth levels over the past several years. He is currently a professional skills coach for Mike Shaughnessy Basketball.
Mike first got his start in the coaching profession becoming an assistant coach for the men's basketball team at Kean University a year after graduating from the university. After coaching at Kean University for two years, he founded his own training business named LabWork Basketball, working with players across New Jersey. After two years of running his training business, Mike partnered with Dr1ven Training, working with players throughout the east coast and internationally. Through Dr1ven, Mike has worked with the men’s basketball players at the University of Virginia, primarily with Ty Jerome (24th pick in 2019 NBA Draft) and DeAndre Hunter (4th pick in 2019 NBA Draft). He has become the most sought after trainer in southern New Jersey working with some of best players in the area including, Dennis Horner (NBA/Europe), Gene Teague (Europe), Sa'eed Nelson (American University), Junior Saintel (Europe), Marlon Hargis (Holy Cross University), Kylee Watson (Oregon University Commit), Taj Thweatt (West Virginia University Commit), Marianna Papazoglou (Division 1 Prospect), and Armin Cane (Europe).
Mike has been fortunate to learn from his mentors who are some of the best in their professions; Mike Gatley (former Division 1 assistant, Division 3 head coach, Athletic Director), Scott Bittner (Stockton University men's head coach), and Damin Altizer (Owner/Founder Dr1ven Training). He has been able to share his knowledge for the game throughout China working the 14U Girls National Team Training Camp in Beijing, Zhou Qi Nike Camp in Xinxiang, and Dr1ven International Basketball Camp in Shenzhen, Guangdong. Notable camps that Mike has coached in the USA includes, Duke Men's Basketball Camp (North Carolina), Dr1ven NEXT Project (Virginia), Elite Guard Training Live (Virginia), Best Coast Basketball Camp (California), and Justin Anderson’s Elite 50 Camp (Virginia).
Mike's knowledgeable, passionate, detailed workouts have drawn interest from thousands and thousands of players who are involved in a hard working environment that helps them maximize their full potential.
Mike Shaughnessy Basketball
Detailed film study sessions where players will become students of the game, learn to view the game from a different perspective, and enhance their IQ.
Breaking down the player’s footwork to establish a foundation and then build upon it within a variety of skills.
Progressing with footwork from breakdowns to game spots & actions that a player will be a part of within game scenarios.
Transferring skills that have been trained to live game scenarios with the intentions to have it translate to players overall game.
Players will go through leadership exercises all week during camp that will help them grow as people.
What does the Academy Include?
1. Special guest appearances from college coaches/ NBA skills coaches
2. Athletic performance assessments from a professional sports performance coach.
3. Nutritional Plan: A guide to eating a healthy, clean, and being able to perform at a high level.
4. Lunch is provided for the athlete's each day along with performance snacks, drinks, & water.
What does each player receive?
1. Each player will receive a personal player binder where they will take notes, track their progress during the week, and be able to take knowledge home to grow from.
2. Gear: Players will receive shirts & a jersey they will wear throughout the week of camp.
3. Professional photographer/videographer will be grabbing footage during the week where the content will be available to parents/players in a digital folder.
4. Evaluation: Each player will receive feedback from Coach Shaughnessy giving them detailed insight on their strengths, weaknesses, and an acton plan on how to keep improving after camp.
7:00am - 9:00am: Breakfast Club (Optional)
9:00am - 12:00pm: Morning Session
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch
1:00pm - 2:00pm: Leadership
2:00pm - 4:00pm: Afternoon Session
4:00pm - 5:00pm: Games